A blogger who calls himself Elder of Ziyon alleges that a traveling exhibition of children’s artwork depicting “A Child’s View of Gaza” made during art therapy sessions, are in fact not drawn by children at all. He lays out his case:
- The quality of the artwork does not correspond to the age of the child who drew the picture.
- But no age was listed in the displayed photos.
- But the names of those experts are not included in the post.
- But no art therapist(s) are named as the facilitator.
- Maybe. But, there maybe a cultural reason for this, or another reason – ie: the art therapist asked that they not sign their artwork for confidentiality purposes. After all, this exhibit is a traveling one.
Does anyone have any information on the art therapist(s) involved in this exhibit? I wrote an email to CJPME, the organization hosting this event, asking for more information.
To Elder of Ziyon: Your claims maybe true. But, you need to post your sources when making such claims to add credibility to what you’re saying. Who are the experts you consulted? Why not consult an art therapist? How did you find out the age of the child who created the artwork?